Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Only Solution: The Best Oatmeal Cookies in The World!

Dinner

After class I practiced for a little while but for some reason my stomach felt completely empty. I decided to come for an early dinner. I heated up some leftover Quinoa Vegetable Paella and added Tapatio, salt and pepper.
Then I covered the quinoa with lettuce!
Since I ran out of green tea I got to buy new tea! I went with chai for caffeine and peppermint for decaf.
Quinoa + salad and a mug of Chai tea. The tea was nice and spiced!
I had a little bit of seconds :)
After dinner Savannah and I headed to campus for a late night practice sesh. We are really starting to feel the pressure of the impending recital!!
Stress is the worst feeling to have when there are a lot of important things to be done. Sometimes the only solution is: To Make Cookies!!! Savannah and I decided to make the best oatmeal cookie we could create!
We adjusted the Quaker Oats recipe just but using vegan butter and egg replacer. Looks just like the regular kind.
We added:
  • raisins
  • chocolate chips
  • roasted almonds, run through the food processor till course
There were plenty more spoonfuls that looked just like this one! I definitely ate too much dough... That's my problem, I seem to like the dough more than the actual cookies!
They turned out amazingly! They even spread out while they baked which vegan cookies sometimes forget to do.
This morning I woke up early and got ready super speedy because my friend Bobby and I decided to go to the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History for some extra credit in anthropology. An early morning trip was all I could fit in so I packed up a lunch before I even ate breakfast.

Breakfast

I thought I wouldn't have time to make oats this morning but I planned my time out better than I expected. I ended up having time to make Pumpkin Oats! My ingredients:
  • 1 small sliced banana
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 tsp. chia seeds
  • 1 tsp. milled flaxseed
  • shake cinnamon
  • small shake ground ginger
  • small shake ground nutmeg
  • shake ground cloves
  • small handful walnuts
  • maple syrup
I used this pumpkin puree I picked up at the Coop yesterday.
I put 1/4 cup into the measuring cup and just filled the rest with water till it came to a little over a cup. The rest of the process is the same. Cook the banana alone in the pot, add raisins, add pumpkin water mixture, add oats, seeds, and spices.
I microwaved my walnuts for 45 sec. to give them a toasted taste.
Drizzle with maple syrup and voila!
Pumpkin Oats, Chai Tea, and two gummy vites= breakfast Heaven!

A report on the museum and lunch to come soon!!

No comments: