Sunday, March 14, 2010

Amazing Cinnamon Apple Waffles

Breakfast
Good morning! Somehow, after staying up way too late last night, I managed to make a fantaaaaastic breakfast! I was in the mood for waffles so I flipped through one of my favorite vegan cookbooks: "The Joy of Vegan Baking" and found this recipe. This was the clearest picture I could get, sorry!
I was really glad this recipe had grams next to the measurements because our tablespoon has been missing for quite some time now.
I put all the ingredients in the blender and before I blended everything I thought it looked pretty.

The batter is supposed to sit for 10-15 minutes so I got the waffle iron ready in the meantime.
Of course I couldn't do it right with out some java!
While the waffles cooked I attempted to make an apple sauce. I completely made this up as I went and I am absolutely stunned that it came out so well! All I used was
  • 2 sliced apples
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. cornstarch
I boiled the apples for 8 minutes and then drained them.
I returned them to the pot and added the other ingredients on low heat. Eventually I increased the heat just a little, stirring continuously. Magically, it thickened right up and I was so excited!
Voila! I am actually kind of stunned that this meal came out looking so great!

Cinnamon Apple Flaxseed Waffles, Java with vanilla and soy, and a Women's Once a Day.
They were soooo good! Hearty but not too 'healthy' tasting.
I served some up to Savannah and we both really enjoyed them after a late night. Now we have a paper to worry about :(
See ya later!

No comments: