Friday, March 12, 2010

Life's Short, Eat Ice Cream For Dinner!

Snack
Before the audition I tried to get a little work done on the theory paper. I snacked on some carrots and hummus while I worked. Also, I got a twitter account! (mostly I was procrastinating the paper as usual...) You can see posts on my blog but I'm still figuring out how to make it look more savvy.

Lunch
For lunch I wanted to make foods that would sit well in a nervous stomach so I cooked up some brown rice. I added a cup of frozen veggies, paprika, cumin, corriander, white pepper, and a little salt. It was actually pretty tasty considering it was so simple. The hummus really completed the flavor.
I also sliced up an apple but I didn't get through all the slices until after the audition.
After the audition, which went just fine, I sat in for the run through of Act I of the opera. I am in the chorus and that was the first I'd seen of the opera since they've started working last quarter. It's going to be such a good show! Afterwards, it was finally time for me to come home and relax with Savannah and Amanda! I just couldn't get in the mood to cook anything so I went with a classic: carrots and hummus. I did just three tsp. of hummus and 1/2 tsp. olive paste. It was so nice to just let everything go for a little!
Life is short... sometimes you just gotta have ice cream for dinner!! I just wasn't hungry for normal dinner food for some reason. Amanda and I made the trek to the store where I picked up one of my all time favorites: Coconut Milk Mint Chip Ice Cream!!!! It is so creamy and decadent I could eat the whole pint!
I did go back for some seconds and this time with blueberries. I just couldn't get enough of this stuff :)

Breakfast
For breakfast this morning I decided to use this can of pears I bought a while ago because it was on sale. I figured I could incorporate it into a batch of oats. In stead of using water to make my oats I used the juice from this can!
In the mix:
  • 1 sliced banana
  • 1 small handful raisins
  • 1 cup pear water
  • approx. 4 or 5 pear slices
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 tsp. chia seeds
  • 1 tsp. milled flaxseed
  • shake cinnamon
  • splash vanilla
  • toasted pecans
  • blueberries
For some reason the oats came out a little runnier that usual but they were still delicious. Toasting the pecans in a pan really makes a difference in their taste.
Banana-Pear Oats with a side of quality Java which included Starbucks VIA, sugar free vanilla syrup, and soy milk and as usual, a Women's Once a Day.
I ended up adding some soy milk to the oats mostly because they were piping hot! I couldn't handle it! Seeing porridge with milk on top always makes me think of that scene from Beauty and The Beast...ahh, I'm such a little kid!
Well, I'm mere hours away from being totally free from class, work, and rehearsal for the weekend but I still have a lot to get done in the next two days. Hope your Friday has been going well!

1 comment:

muffin said...

Oats made with pear juice sound great Belle!