Thursday, March 11, 2010

Oats In A Jar for a Stress-free Morning

Good morning! You may have noticed that I posted this and the previous post at relatively similar times but I decided to keep them separate so that there I could feature Student Appreciation Day and here I could feature Oats in a Jar!!!

Breakfast
For breakfast today I had pumpkin oats in a jar, vanilla flavored java with soy milk, and a women's once a day.
In the mix:
  • 1 sliced banana
  • less than a 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • less than a 1/2 cup soy milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • handful raisins
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 tsp. chia seeds
  • 1 tsp. milled flaxseed
  • splash vanilla extract
  • shake cinnamon
  • shake cloves
  • 1 tsp. agave
Look at those oats!
I made sure there wasn't an obscene amount of peanut butter lurking in the jar this time since last time there was way too much and since I was in a rush I gave myself quite the upset stomach. I took my time this morning not just for the oats but so that I can start this morning off without stress.
Today is the audition for my junior recital and it's a rather big deal. It's going to be 15 minutes and the faculty will choose any of the songs on my provided list and I am expected to execute. I can totally do it I just want to do it well! This whole week I have been feeling like I can't really focus my attention on anything else until this is behind me. Also, this is the first time since I've been at this school that we are actually going to get feedback! That is both a good thing and a nerve-wracking thought!
I only have one class today so luckily I have all the time I need to dedicate to getting mentally and physically prepared for this afternoon.
Wish me luck y'all!

No comments: