Monday, March 15, 2010

The Much Anticipated Eggplant Casserole Was a Success!

DiggThis
I can't believe I didn't blog at all today! Not even breakfast! Well here it is, the whole day.

Breakfast
I made myself a mocha this morning which is quite a treat. I was just in the mood I guess!
For the main course of the morning I made Cinnamon Apple Oats, and old staple. In the mix
  • 1 sliced apple
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 handful raisins
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 tsp. chia seeds
  • 1 tsp. milled flaxseeds
  • cinnamon
  • vanilla extract
  • drizzle maple syrup
  • splash soymilk
Can't go wrong with Cinnamon Apple oats, Mocha, and a Women's Once a Day!
After I turned in that crazy paper, Savannah and I walked our bikes instead of riding to soak up the sun. Today was HOT! It hasn't been warm like this in a while and we were really lovin it. We stopped and got Blenders! I got a baby blender tropical Guava minus the sherbet, added soy. Delish!

Lunch
For lunch I had a spinach salad with avocado, pre-made chickpeas, a little of Annie's lite Italian dressing, and carrots and hummus on the side.
For 'dessert' I enjoyed this Chocolate Chip Z Bar.
I love these!!

Snack
I've been having some weird stomach things going on lately where I can't tell if I'm hungry or if I'm having a stomach ache or what! I decided to try out this juice (which had a coupon woohoo!) called Good Belly. I measured out exactly 8 oz. which is supposed to have like... a bazillion live cultures in there to help my stomach!
I also gave these seaweed chips a try just out of curiosity and they were well priced.
They were surprisingly good and I gobbled them up!

Dinner
For dinner I decided to finally make a recipe of Susan's from Fatfree Vegan Kitchen that I have been drooling over for quite a while now: Creamy Creole Eggplant Casserole. I thought making a casserole would be good for this week because it would supply me with plenty of meals and only one night of cooking yessss!
Eggplants are alien plants! I cooked these for 40 minutes and 425 F.
Chopped up celery, green bell pepper, and white onion.
Chopped up garlic and mushrooms.
Alien guts! I mean, eggplant :)
Chickpeas and spiiiiices!
I cooked the onions, celery, and pepper till they were soft...
Then added the mushrooms and garlic. Then a little while later added the chickpeas, eggplant, and seasonings.
While this cooked I prepared in the blender a mixture of silken tofu, cashews, nutritional yeast, salt, garlic powder (it was supposed to be onion but we didn't have any!) and water. Then I added that to the veggies and it cream-ified everything!
I placed everything in this dish, covered the top with bread crumbs, and voila! This pretty baby filled up the whole house with the smell of something delicious! I was so ready to dig in.

It was sooo good. Even a little spicy which I wasn't expecting.
Seconds! I have a feeling this is one of those dishes that is going to be even better tomorrow.
For dessert I followed suit with my favorite gals Kath and Tina and made ice cream out of frozen bananas! All I used was
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • less than 1/3 cup silken tofu
  • 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp. agave syrup
  • chocolate chips
  • pecans
It is so satisfying and creamy! I do think this shall become a new staple!
It's bed time for bonzo. I really want to get up and run tomorrow morning and get my day off to a good start. I also have a killer breakfast planned, a.k.a. motivation for getting out of bed!

G'night!!

1 comment:

muffin said...

That eggplant casserole looks tasty! I like the red nails too. :) Your blog is so interesting.