Sunday, March 14, 2010

Whateva whateva, I do what I want!

Snack
This snack eventually evolved into lunch but started out with a crostini and zucchini slices, perfect for dipping into...
hummus!!

Lunch
Then I decided I should probably just have a something more meal like and call it lunch! I ran out of bread so I made a eggplant patty on a bed of spinach with plenty of avocado. It was quite delicious!
For a 'dessert' I had a chocolate brownie flavored Z Bar. Yum! Mostly I just wanted to show my newly painted nails in this shot. RED!
When I finally got down to business later that afternoon to work on my paper I kept the peppermint tea flowing to stay hydrated and focused. Also, I was having a weird stomach ache... I don't know what caused it! Too much fiber? Too much fat from the hummus and avocado? Ugh.
Eventually I tried mixing powdered ginger into my tea since ginger is supposed to help tummy aches!

Dinner
Part 1! It's funny because when I was little my parents told me that I used to confuse hunger with a stomach ache, always saying that my tummy hurt when really I was just hungry. Last night I was having a moment like that. I really couldn't tell if I was just having digestive pain or if I was hungry! I decided it was a little of both. I wanted to put something friendly in there so I made a sort of rice pudding/cereal thing lol. All it is is
  • 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
  • 1 cup water
  • handful raisins
  • shake cinnamon
  • shake ginger
  • 2 tsp. brown sugar
  • soy milk to taste
I soaked the brown rice for just over an hour (which probably didn't make much of a difference in the long run) and then brought it to the stove to cook. In the last 5 minutes or so of being done I added all the ingredients save the soy milk and let that cook till the timer went off. I portioned out little by little, adding soy milk on top to make it like a cereal. It was pretty good!
I couldn't handle eating all of it at once but I did eventually eat all of it. I made it last!
Part 2! Later that night Savannah and I decided we deserved to just relax and do whatever we wanted! We bundled up and walked to a favorite 'healthy' food place "Silvergreens". We both went with the half soup half sandwich meal which is always a winner in my book. The soup was a hearty tomato vegetable. It was a little salty even for my taste but still good.
For the sandwich I got the Hummus & Avocado (I know, did they invent that just for me? I think so.)
I was just really appreciating letting someone else put together my food last night. haha, sometimes you just need a break! (Plus...I think I'm running out of my staples :/)
For a little dessert I sliced half a banana and sprinkled it with blueberries, chocolate chips, mixed nuts, and a drizzle of maple syrup. I throughly enjoyed this concoction!
Gangs of New York was on last night and Savannah and I completely lost track of time watching it. Leo is such a hunk, he's so talented. By the time we realized how late it was, Spring Forward had happened and it seemed even later!!
I definitely slept in this morning but I whipped up something spectacular for breakfast. Post coming sooooooon!

No comments: