Monday, March 29, 2010

Sadly, Time to Go Home

Midnight Snack
So even though the kitchen was technically closed for the night, we got to playing some bananagrams and decided to make a midnight snack: quesadillas!
I used hummus instead of cheese and put cilantro, black pepper, and garlic powder on the inside. Oh, and a little guac for dipping of course.
It was so tasty! Who needs cheese??

Breakfast
The next morning I started with a mug of the usual java: hazelnut and soy.
Dad was eating an eggy breakfast sandwich and making it look ridiculously good. I followed suit and made myself a breakfast sandwich that gave his a run for it's money.
Toasted cracked wheat sourdough with
  • hummus
  • green onions
  • grilled eggplant
  • tomatoes
  • cucumbers
  • avocado
  • salt and pepper
To round things out I used some homemade grape juice (Mom's idea!) to take this bone health packet. I tasted like a smoothie!

Lunch
It was finally coming time for me to get on the road and go back to Santa Barbara but, as usual, I found a clever way to stall: eat lunch! I had the last of the mushroom and spinach risotto, some split pea soup, and walnut wheat sourdough toast with roasted garlic hummus.
I also had a 5 hour energy with lunch for an extra boost before hitting the road.
A little dessert was some spoonfuls of this amazing raspberry sorbet right out of the container!
Snack
Not pictured for driving safety are some cucumbers, crystalized ginger pieces, a chocolate brownie Z Bar, and an apple that I snacked on while I drove down.

Dinner
When I finally made it back I met my brother and his buddies and a local burrito joint. This is an iPhone picture sorry about the quality! My burrito was a whole wheat tortilla filled with:
  • rice
  • black beans
  • guacamole
  • cilantro
  • onions
  • salsa verde
  • pico de gallo
  • lettuce
I sliced it in half and put the other half away before I even had a chance to argue with myself!
After kickin it with my brother and his buddies I retreated to my apartment and enjoyed a bowl of my favorite cereal.
I was so tired by the end of the night I slept so hard!

No comments: