Saturday, March 13, 2010

It's Good to Be Vegan

Good morning blog world!! I am a little behind but am ready to catch up. Yesterday was that last studio meeting before spring break and this Z bar really came to my rescue....
Because my voice teacher bought all these pastries!!!!
They all looked so delicious but I knew none of them were vegan :(
Yay for Z bar! It's moments like these that it actually pays to be a vegan, I avoided so much butter and sugar!
I figured I may as well dig into my other snacks so I ate my carrots....
and my apple!

Dinner
I just haven't been in the mood to cook big fancy meals lately so using the George Forman grill was fast and easy. I went simple with this sandwich
  • eggplant burger
  • hummus
  • avocado
  • chicken seasoning
  • paprika
  • yellow mustard
  • spinach
Yum!!
And now for a little wine!! Savannah and I relaxed and had a glass of wine to ring in the weekend after such a stressful week!
I had a little dessert too!
I don't know why but I was just craving more hummus so I went back for more... I was watching a really good episode of Criminal Minds. ahh, TV munchies, I need more control over you!

Now to today. I went on a run this morning which just needed to happen, it's been too long that I've been putting exercise on the back burner. I also just downloaded a new app on my phone called iMapMyRun. It keeps track of distance and pace for free woohoo! My times aren't that great yet so I'm not ready to post them right now... I will just have to keep it up!

Breakfast
For breakfast I made a vanilla frappacino. For some reason I just couldn't get the balance right this morning. Too much ice? Too much milk? I dunno but it still tasted good.
I made some faaancy oats this morning! in the mix
  • 1 small sliced banana
  • 4 canned pear slices
  • handful raisins
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tsp. chia seeds
  • 1 tsp. milled flaxseed
  • 2 tsp. brown sugar
There's something about using pears that must release extra liquid because the raisins plump up so much it's like they explode! I topped my oats with blueberries and coconut!
Ice coffee, oats, and a women's once a day.
Now I have a paper to work on and a lunch to concoct!

1 comment:

Clare B said...

Grrateful for sharing this