Monday, March 22, 2010

Sunday's Are For Good Eats

Hello blogworld! Sorry I've been sort of MIA. I've decided to just fast foreword to to yesterday and today because there is just too much I would have to catch up on. Besides, the food I'm eating at home is where it's at! This post is everything from yesterday, Sunday.

Breakfast
I was in charge of brunch so I used some leftover broccoli, cauliflower, turmeric salad that my dad made and added sauteed onions, garlic, mushrooms, and vegan sausage.
For the main course I whipped up a double batch of Cinnamon Apple Flaxseed Waffles! They were a hit all around.
The much awaited hazelnut coffee was just what I needed.


Lunch
Mom and I did some running around and eventually made a stop at my favorite grocery store ever: The Nugget. I got a wrap with hummus and guac and artichoke hearts and a bunch of other tasty stuff. I also got a smoothie with just orange, lemon, and grapefruit juice blended with ice. So refreshing!
A few cracked pepper Triscuts and hummus.
This is my dog Buddy! Serious face!
Happy face hahaha.

Dinner
For dinner we started with a 15 bean soup that mom made which also had potatoes in it. It's so hearty and flavorful, I love it!
Next grilled peppers and eggplant woohoo!
Spinach and mushroom risotto with fresh rosemary and tomatoes.
Such a good dinner. There's really nothing better than eating at home!
For dessert I made us all banana ice cream! Just pop frozen bananas in the food processor and that's it! I also added the most delicious and interesting fig and cocoa spread and some toasted pecans.
Now you can see why I get homesick just from thinking about the food!!

2 comments:

muffin said...

The waffles were amazing but the frozen bannana desert is fabulous! Does it work with other fruit?

Claire said...

Bananas are so creamy on their own so I'm thinking the texture might be different but I'm sure it would still be an awesome dessert with other fruits. I'm thinkin peach!