Monday, March 29, 2010

Taco Time With Aaron

Snack
A while into my reading I grabbed a kiwi to munch on.
Already getting back into the old routine, I had a chocolate chip Z Bar during the choir break.

Dinner
Aaron and I decided to go in together on dinner which is always a good thing. Plus we had some catching up to do! We began with a starter of chips and salsa!
This salsa was super tasty. Too bad Aaron took it with him!
We decided to make tacos so I went out on a limb and purchased a fake meat I have never tried before. It looked promising and was perfect for this particular occasion so I had high hopes.
Aaron was in charge of the 'meat'. He sauteed onions in a little olive oil and added the fake meat. Then he added kidney and pinto beans, and a little chili powder. It came out perfect! The meat had the flavor of beefy taco meat!
While Aaron cooked up the meat I was in charge of making the guacamole and slicing up the add ins for the tacos. To the guac I added:
  • a little finely chopped red bell pepper
  • finely chopped white onion
  • finely chopped cilantro
  • 1 and 1/2 super ripe avocados
  • 1 finely diced tomato
  • salt
  • a tiny amount of cayenne
It came out delicious. The only thing I wished I could have added was fresh lime. That would've been perfect!
For the toppings we had:
  • shredded lettuce
  • homemade guacamole
  • salsa
  • sauteed red bell peppers
  • Tapatio
  • and cheese for the non vegan
Soooo tasty! I ended up having two of these babies and now I am reeeeally full!
This is Aaron's taco for proof that even non-vegans can enjoy fake taco meat. I would definitely by Soyrizo again. It was fantastic.
I am super tired! I cannot wait to lay down in my bed and sleeeeeep! Tomorrow is going to be a longer day on campus so I want to be rested. I keep catching myself wishing I could just go back to spring break but I know if I don't start this quarter with a fire under my butt I will have a heck of a time getting re-motivated. I'm going to to my best to stay on top of things...I even vacuumed the floor today!!?! Weird!

Good night blogworld. Sleep well and catch ya in the morning!

No comments: