Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy March!!

It's the first day of March!! I didn't even know it was today but it looks fairly sunny out right now and I'm hoping the first day of March will stay that way. Inspired by a frustrated post by Tina, I downloaded ecto and am using it now for the first time to create this post! So far so good but I'm hoping with time I will figure out more of just what this program does and hopefully blogging will become easier and faster.

Breakfast

For breakfast this morning I whipped up a quick batch of banana oats. In the mix:

  • 1 sliced banana
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 tsp. chia seeds
  • 1 tsp. milled flaxseed
  • shake cinnamon
  • splash vanilla
  • scoop peanut butter
  • soymilk

I made some piping hot green tea and had two gummy vites on the side.

I used the technique of cooking the bananas on their own first again and I think it really does make the oats taste more banana-ie.

I guess today is all about firsts because not only is it the first day of March, my first time using ecto, but it's also the first day I've worn a skirt (without tights or leggings) since school started! I just hope it's as nice out as it looks.

Actually, I just tried to publish using ecto and it didn't work at all. I don't have time right now to figure it out but that was frustrating and I will have to mess with it later!

Well I have my work cut out for me today so it's time to get serious, get down to business, and git 'er done!

No comments: