Saturday, March 6, 2010

Catch up- Choir Party, Weekend!

This is going to be a big catch up! On Thursday night I prepared some pumpkin overnight oats.
  • 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/3 cup soy milk
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/8 cup raisins
  • 1 tsp. chia seeds
  • 1 tsp. milled flaxseed
  • shake cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. agave
Before
After!
Breakfast
In the morning I mixed in
  • 1 small banana sliced
  • 1 handful fresh blueberries
  • 1 small handful walnut pieces
It was delicious! I think the chia seeds really make the difference.
Snack

After my two hour shift at the library I felt like having my mixed nuts. I had forgotten how much I love nuts!
On my way to anthropology I ate my Mojo Bar. You can see my humongous purse in my shadow haha.
Before studio I snacked on this kiwi. The some of the other singers hadn't seen anyone eating a kiwi with the skin still on. I have a feeling I've started a trend!
I can't believe it but somehow I totally forgot to take a photo before I dung into my carrots and hummus! Here is the aftermath.
Dinner

After work I raced home, showered, and prepared some dinner. First, at Kelsey's suggestion, I made a smoothie with spinach in it! It took some trouble shooting but I got the recipe down to something like this:
  • 2 handfuls spinach
  • heaping 1/2 cup frozen berries
  • 1 small banana
  • 3/4 cup soy milk
  • 2 tsp. agave.
Tada! Can't even see the spinich, can ya!? I could vaguely taste the spinach but it was well balanced by the other flavors. This is probably my new favorite way to get in my greens!
For an entree I tried out these new "Meal Inspirations". You just open the package, microwave for 90 seconds, and that's it!
Also, gummy vites will no longer be appearing on Girl Who Plays With Food. They've been replaced by Women's Once a Day. I know, not as exciting but the content is what counts!
A smorgasbord of dips just the way I like it, spinach salad with chickpeas and left over Quinoa, and a spinach berry smoothie. Woohoo!
Aaaannnddd a cookie :) This is Cookie #1
The choir concert was a success! Afterwards I had cookie #2 haha.
Chomp!
I headed over to the choir party which was poppin! Here's Alex and I.
Aaron and Katie hahaha.
It was my friend Kate's Birthday and she brought lemony glazed cupcakes!! Someone else brought a bottle of champaign. Champaign + cupcake = happy girl!

This morning I woke my tired self up and made it to cardio circut at 9! It looks like some serious rain is coming so I decided to drive to class. On my way there I ate half of this banana.
After class I made a quick stop at Vons which has a Starbucks inside. I got a tall soy cappuccino with sugar free hazelnut syrup.
The foam is my favorite part. This was sooo good!
Reeeestock! I picked up a few essentials :)
Breakfast

For breakfast I decided to make Granola! I used pecans this time instead of almonds. The recipe comes from the cookbook "Skinny Bitch in the Kitch"
  • 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1 1/4 cup chopped pecans
  • 3/4 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • 2 Tbsp. rice syrup
  • 2 Tbsp. safflower oil
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 300 F
2. Lay the oats flat on an edged baking sheet. Toast the oats for 15 minutes in the oven.
3. While the oats cook, combine nuts, coconut, and salt.

4. In a separate bowl whisk together the maple syrup, rice syrup, and safflower oil.

5. Once the oats are done, mix everything together and return to the baking sheet. You're supposed to lightly grease the pan but I forgot...
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes. I did 20 cause I was huuungry!
7. Mix in raisins or other dried fruits of choice and continue to let cool. I added 1/3 cup of soy nuts.
And a 1/3 cup of raisins.
I enjoyed my granola with fresh blueberries! I used my salad spinner to dry them haha.
Granola with blueberries, banana, and soy milk, the last of my coffee, and I lit my birthday cake candle :)

Seconds! I couldn't resist.
Well I've been a pretty Class A vegetable today. In my credit I have gotten a lot of much needed laundry done though. I watched "Children of Men" and now I'm on "The DaVinci Code"! It just started raining a few minutes ago, saw that one coming. I actually love sitting inside and watching movies while it rains :) Lunch is coming my way and maybe a little peppermint tea!

No comments: