Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tofu Scramble and Sasuage

On the menu this morning: Tofu Scramble and Sausage!!
So, if you've never cooked with tofu, this is a step that needs explaining. Most tofu comes packed in water and the tofu sort of acts like a sponge, soaking up a lot of that water. Before cooking with it, I used a cookie cooling rack, paper towels, and a cutting board to press out some of that water. You can let it sit and do it's thing to really get it dry or press down manually.
I used three ounces of tofu.
For the sausage, I picked up these really tasty looking sausages from the coop.
I've never had these before but they looked very enticing!
I crumbled up the tofu just using my hands to make more of a scrambled egg consistency. To this I added
  • white pepper
  • paprika
  • crushed black pepper
  • garlic poweder
  • ground mustard seed
  • chicken seasoning
  • soy sauce
  • yellow mustard
In the meantime, I had the grill heating up and I tossed on 2 oz of sliced mushrooms. Once those were done I put the sausage on and cooked up the tofu in a small pan.
While everything cooked I popped a slice of bread into the toaster.
Tada! I paired my breakfast with a glass of Good Belly and a Women's Once a Day.

The sausage was really tasty and a little sweet so I added some mustard to the mix.
This is the toast of my dreams! It really had everything I could want in a piece of toast: hearty, soft, perfect texture, awesome flavor....I couldn't resist one more slice!
Now I'm finally in the mood to exercise and the sun is shining like it's summa time!

See ya at lunch time!

No comments: