Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Getting Back in Control!

Last night I ended up having a bowl of raisin bran crunch for 'dessert'. Looking back, I really didn't need to have another bowl of cereal. I woke up this morning feeling disappointed with my will power lately and I think it's time for me to get serious about portion control again. If I'm serious about getting fit I need to get serious about healthy portions.

Breakfast
For breakfast this morning I made a batch of my usual banana oats. I just wanted to remind everyone of this nifty extra step! Try cooking the bananas in the pot (raisins opt.) to bring out the extra sweetness in them. It works, trust me!
In the mix
  • 1 large banana
  • 1 handful raisins
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 tps. chia seeds
  • 1 tsp. flaxseeds
  • shake cinnamon
  • scoop peanut butter
Accompanying my lovely oats today is a mug of chia tea with a splash of sugar free vanilla syrup and almond milk, and a Women's Once a Day.
My car appointment is at 9:30 this morning so I gotta get a move on it!
See ya!

No comments: