Friday, February 12, 2010

A Last Minute Decision

Wow I have soooo much to catch up on! I'm going to have to make this brief though, I'm on a time limit here! So yesterday I met up with a friend and we had Jamba Juice. This is the pomegranate flavor and it was soooo good :)
For lunch I used some of the pita that Kelsey gave me after her gluten discovery. I made my own sauce out of tahini with just a Tbsp. of tahini, yellow mustard, salt, pepper, paprika, and water. Perfecto! In the pita was the sauce, yellow onion, roast turkey flavor artificial meat, bean sprouts, and spinach. Baby carrots on the side!
This was the perfect consistency. I added water little by little to get it just right.
Tapatio was the perfect addition!
for a little sweet treat I mixed strawberry jam in some plain soy yogurt.
It tastes like cheesecake or something!
For dinner I had some of the while bean chili/stew and cornbread. I just love this meal!!
We were studying for out 20th century music theory class when Kelsey encouraged me to try her gluten free cake creation! I know I said I wasn't going to have sweets but I only had this one piece and I felt like the whole day was a success. I'm getting better!
So now we are finally at today. This was breakfast: soy yogurt, strawberry jam, peanut butter, mixed berries, fresh banana slices, and of course two gummy vites. So tasty! I was running around like a crazy person this morning doing laundry and getting ready because...last night on a last minute impulse I decided to go with Kelsey and a group of her buddies to June Mountain to go snowboarding! This is crazy! I'm really excited to actually do something cool on my three day weekend. I'm definitely not a snowboarder however, much more of a skier...but I'm prepared to fall and just try to have as much fun as I can. Isn't that what I should be doing on Valentine's day? haha.

After the midterm which made my brains hurt a little I went to studio while eating this PB&J on the go. Smashed PB&Js are the best.
Baby carrots of course! I ate a few of these before work...more like scarfed actually!
After work I was huuuuugry so I ate this mountain mix bar on while I was on my bike. I just savvy like that. haha. I stopped at the Coop to stock up on a few essentials for the trip. Kelsey and I were surely the only ones with dietary "complications" and knew we'd need to come prepared.
At home I finished off my baby carrots while I packed up to go to the mountains!
Here's the loot! Chips made of carrots and sweet potatoes with roasted garlic and olive hummus, fresh mushrooms and zucchini to cook with some rice pasta, gourmet drinking chocolate, onions, bananas, soy milk, peanut butter, and strawberry jam. Not pictured was the last couple slices of my loaf of honey wheat bread.
My Daddy sent me flowers for Valentine's Day!!! He is the sweetest person in the world and he knows how to treat his girls! I don't think I've ever even seen purple roses before! I called him to thank him and he pretended like he had no idea hahaha. It's true what they say about girls and their Dads...I gotta have one just like him :)
Actually there's a little picture of my mom and dad in the back!
I didn't want to be hungry on the road since it was going to be a 7 hour drive so I filled up on white bean chili and the last slice of cornbread. Oh, how I miss you already!
I small handful of chocolate covered blueberries to seal the deal and I was ready to go!
I'm sorry I've been MIA for so long! It's been pretty hectic around here and worst of all.... I can't find my camera with all the pictures of the trip!!! Argh!!!

I promise to post everything as soon as I can!




No comments: