Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Oats In A Jar!

This morning I had to have a blood test done where you fast until after the blood is drawn. So of course I was dreaming of what I would finally make for breakfast and I lucked out because today is finally the day for: Oats in a Jar! When you get down to the last bit of nut butter, the simplest, most satisfying treat is to put your oats right in the jar! It gets all steamy and entices the butter out of all its nooks and crannies. Soooo good! In the mix this morning:
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • 1 small sliced banana
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 tsp. Chia seeds
  • 1 tsp. milled flax seeds
  • shake cinnamon
  • splash vanilla
  • 1 tsp. agave
I also made myself a mug of Starbucks VIA with soy milk and agave. What a treat! This morning was all about treats since it is raining and I don't want to think about riding my bike :(
My oats came out much more soupy than usual and I can't really say why that happened....I guess I usually use a heaping 1/2 cup and this morning I was more exact...who knows! It made the pouring easier.
It's going to be a long day. Good thing I went for coffee!

No comments: