Monday, February 8, 2010

Post-Midterm Resolutions

A little while after my lunch I discovered some cookies and decided to have cookies and milk! I felt like such a little kid :)
Later that night I got caught in one of those "I'm hungry but I don't feel like cooking and I don't know what I want" moods. I knew I just needed to eat something or it would just get worse but I couldn't think of anything. Then I remembered, there's a Pita Pit in town! I got a falafel pita with everything in it and a cranberry juice.
I finally painted my nails woohoo!
It really had everything in it! I was totally satisfied.
I try not to drink juice too often because I've become overwhelmingly aware of the high calorie content since my childhood juice box days. So this was a little treat. I didn't finish the whole thing though, the rest is still waiting for me.

This morning I just barely woke up around 6:50, too late for cycling...I don't get it, I went to bed at 10:30 last night which should have been plenty of time for me to get in some quality zzz's and wake up ready to go... I'm trying to listen to my body because I think it is trying to tell me something. I stayed down till 8 o'clock or so and got up, still sore from my Saturday cardio circut class. That class really kicked my butt!
I made myself a super bowl of Cinnamon Apple Oats for breakfast.
In the mix
  • 1/2 cup soy milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 medium Fuji apple, chopped
  • 1 small handful raisins
  • shake cinnamon
  • drizzle vanilla
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 Tbsp. milled flax seed
  • drizzle maple syrup
  • scoop peanut butter
Ta da! Served with a cup of Java, Starbucks VIA with a little agave and soy milk, and two Gummy Vites.
Perfect!
Midterms are finally over and the stress of it all made me realized that...well, it doesn't have to be that way! I'm going to try my best from here on out this quarter to really stay on top of my reading and have a better "big-picture" concept when I'm in class. I need to stop zoning out when I get bored in class and instead figure out why the lecture is important. Easier said than done but I just don't want to be stressing out like a mad stress cow like I was last week! haha.

Here's to being studious!

No comments: