Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Sweet Tooth Monster Attacked

So, I don't know what was up with me last night but I was having a crazy sweet tooth and I wasn't aware of it in time to talk myself down from some less than amazing choices. It is important to give in every now and then and last night I certainly did.

As a sort of pseudo-dinner dish I mixed up:
  • 1/3 cup rice pudding
  • small handful chocolate chips
  • small handful walnut pieces
  • generous shake of cinnamon
  • soy milk
  • a little maple syrup
  • scoop of peanut butter
It was pretty tasty actually and was perfect for relaxing with my room mate and watching "Groundhog Day" on TV. That movie is crazy! I never got to see the end and I really need to know what happened! Bill Murray is my favorite :)
I left to go meet up with some girlfriends of mine to paint tambourines! It sounds a little odd but trust me there is a whole story behind it. It was really fun to go back to arts and craft mode after such a long time!
When I got home I was sort of hungry and well... my cereal addiction kicked in big time. This is definitely not the only mug I had last night. You know, I really wanted it and I let myself have it. It was not the best decision but I can't change it now. All I can do is try to do better today!
I didn't have the best start in the world this morning but I'm making do. I decided that I probably need the extra sleep and ignored my alarm for cycling class. Unfortunately once my brain is awake and turned on there is pretty much no turning it back off so I ended up getting up anyways. I decided to whip up some creamy banana oats for breakfast. In the mix:
  • 1/4 cup rice pudding
  • 1/4 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup plain soy yogurt
  • 1 small sliced banana
  • 1 Tbsp. milled flax seed
  • shake of cinnamon
  • splash of vanilla
  • very small about of pure stevia
  • scoop of peanut butter

Stevia is a natural sweetener derived from the leaves of a plant. I highly recommend it but also advise a lot of testing to find your level of sweetness. It does have a distinct flavor to it that is unlike other sweeteners and I have to be in the mood for it. Other than that it's great and has zero calories.
Notice how the texture of these creamy banana oats is totally different!
Banana oats, green tea, and two Gummy Vites sounds good to me!
Today is one of those long day where once I leave home I'm on campus till 8 o'clock tonight. Bleh. Not my favorite schedule but I'll make sure to pack some awesome snacks to look forward to.

Hopefully I will be able to better fend of the sweet tooth monster today. I'll sure be busy enough that I bet I won't even have time to think about it!

No comments: