Monday, February 1, 2010

Full of Surprises

Good morning! I should explain that there is a very good reason I did not post anything last night. Kelsey and I agreed to rain check our dinner date because it was actually one of her friend's birthday dinners last night which trumps "just because". It actually worked out for the better because last night after I had that late lunch early dinner pita sandwich I got the worst stomach ache! I tried everything to make it go away but it was pretty bad. So I called my mommy of course and to put it in perspective, when I told her how it felt she asked me, "...have you seen the movie Alien?" Yeah, I just wasn't feeling so hot. I went to bed super early and didn't post anything because I didn't eat anything else the rest of the night.

I was still hoping that it'd pass by the morning so that I could go to my cycling class and be super on time to make up for being late every other time. Luckily when I woke up I did feel a little better but I vaguely remember coughing in my sleep and wasn't surprised that I had a sore throat. I was really conflicted about whether I should go or not but I took a cue from Tina who, even when she's feeling lazy and doesn't want to work out, finds a way to make her self get up and do it. Most of it is psychological anyways so I just kept telling myself 'something is better than nothing' and 'you don't have to go as hard as usual'. I'm glad I went and sweated it up. The teacher is super motivated and her class is always pretty intense. I feel good that I did something, especially when I think I might be on the brink of getting the illness that my roomie had last week.

As for breakfast this morning, I'm still trying to be stomach conscious which is difficult with a diet that is so high in fiber. I decided to use applesauce in some oats in the hopes that it will be nice and easy to digest. In the pot:
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 snack size cup applesauce
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
  • 1/2 Tbsp. peanut butter

Green tea, oats, and two Gummy Vites.

Yesterday really was full of surprises and it carried over to this morning. When I checked my email this morning I got an amazing surprise: the deadline for the paper got pushed back a day! Woohoo!!! I still have two midterms this week though and I'm just going to do everything I can to stay healthy through it all.

See ya 'round lunch time!

P.S. Happy February!

No comments: