Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cooking/ Retail Therapy

After class I highly overestimated the amount of time I had before my allergy appointment. I didn't have time to make my food look all pretty and actually I ended up only getting in a few bites of everything before rushing out the door!
I did manage to grab one of these Zbars! I don't know if it was the song playing on the radio or what but this bar tasted especially good and cookie like. I was feelin it.
I love this gum!!
The allergy appointment was successful...as in I definitely have allergies! I will start taking shots as soon as I can and hopefully I will be in top shape for my recital in May!

I was feeling pretty empty so before I went out to fill prescriptions and run some errands I made a PB&J.

I think I'm in love....with Whole Foods!!! This was my last stop and omg...I just love this place. I got a Chai Latte with almond milk which hit the spot while I shopped.
So creamy!!
I finally went to Bed Bath and Beyond and got the Citrus Juicer yay!!! This should hopefully be making an official appearance soon.
So Kelsey and I decided to go in together on a casserole and a dessert. Both recipes are from Fatfree Vegan Kitchen. I love this blog! I'm going to have to comment and let her know. We used the recipe for Pumpkin and Black Bean Casserole but we used a Kabocha squash.
Susan V describes it like a Mexican lasagna!
Kelsey, expertly placing the squash!
The sauce.
While the casserole baked we made Skinny Figgy Bars which also came from Susan V's blog. I could tell these things were going to be bomb!
That casserole came out great!
For dinner I served myself a salad with scallions, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, avocado, salt, pepper, and vinegar. And of course some casserole!

It needed a little something so I added some of the bruschetta that I just bought from whole foods.
So fresh and tasty!
I may have had seconds....
I frosted the figgy bars as decoratively as possible.
And served myself up a piece!
I only had one... I just couldn't choose one shot.
It's way past my bed time now blaaa. Good night blog world see you in the morning!!

No comments: