Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Time for Prioritizing

Guten Morgen Alles. Dinner post is coming in late this morning with breakfast because my friend Greg came over to work on that paper last night and I ended up staying up later than I usually do. My stomach was still on the rocks last night so I looked up foods that would be easy on my system. Mom says rice is one of the most easily digested foods and I read that yogurt is supposed to help with indigestion so naturally that led to: Rice Pudding! I adapted a few recipies I read on vegweb.com to include yogurt. I ended up with something like this:
  • 1 cup water
  • 3/4 cup plain soy yogurt
  • 1 cup brown jasmine rice
  • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
As it cooked I prepared a bowl with one small slice banana and some raisins. It ended up cooking for about 40 minutes? I think? I started at twenty and kept adding time till I felt like it was just right and I didn't keep very good track of how much I was adding...oops!
Yum! It was not too sweet and very hearty. I was hoping for a little more pop out flavor but it's a great base for adding.
Which is exactly what I did! I finished off the last of my almond butter which was an awesome match for this ricey dish.
At the very end I added half of a vegan molasses cookie (of which I later ate the other half :/).
Uncle Eddies are soooo delicious! My non vegan friends can't tell the difference.
Finally on to breakfast! I had a rough night sleep, waking up from coughing at 4 am is no fun. I took some cough syrup and when I eventually woke up to my 7:30 alarm I was feeling sort of weird. I had work at 9 so I got myself together and made some breakfast. I started with 1/3 cup of left over rice pudding which I heated for about 50 seconds in the microwave. Then I added:
  • 1/3 cup rice pudding (already mentioned above)
  • 1/3 cup plain soy yogurt
  • 1 small sliced banana
  • small handful raisins
  • generous sprinkle of cinnamon
  • splash of pure maple syrup
Rice pudding with yogurt and two Gummy Vites was the total. I didn't have time for tea this morning sadly but it's ok, I think I'll live!
My iPhone tells me it's supposed to rain here today but I just don't see that happening. I mean, knock on wood, but it's pretty sunny and nice out today. Unfortunately I am doomed to spend most of it studying, preparing for midterms, and putting the final touches on my paper. I packed myself some good snacks for school today so maybe I will get a chance to enjoy them outside while it's still nice out.

I hate to say it but this week I may have to sacrifice some exercise opportunities. I know it's terrible! But such is the struggle of being a college student. School is my number one priority and I know that I can put the time in and get A's if I really put myself to it. I will work something out for exercising so I stay sane this week, no worries :)

See ya later!

No comments: