Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Trying Something New

My oats in a jar this morning were much more intense than I expected. There was actually a lot more peanut butter in the jar than I thought and since I was in such a rush to get to class I ate more of it than I should have, and quickly! I was sooo full! I had no appetite whatsoever, not even during work which is when I usually get hungry for lunch. I also decided to make another cup of coffee for my walk to school in the rain (decided not to ride my bike after all!) So I was feeling wired and weird haha.

So if you don't already know, most if not all of my inspiration for starting my blog comes from Tina Haupert's blog Carrots 'N' Cake. She has been so inspiring to me in so many ways! However, I am trying not to copy everything she does on her blog for the sake of her originality and also because I need to be me! Having said this...I have decided that maybe I should adopt one important technique of Tina's: Meal Headings. I think having a regular "meal plan" so to speak will help me get regimented which will help me stay in control!

Snack

Like I mentioned before, I had no appetite at work but when my lunch break rolled around I knew I should put something in my stomach. For a snack I packed carrots and snow peas with hempseed hummus for dipping. That's my personalized work water cup!

Lunch

After work which was a little after 4 I finally had a little bit of an appetite and managed to eat the salad I packed for myself. I loaded it up with:
  • cilantro
  • mushrooms
  • scallions
  • cherry tomatoes
  • avocado
I was also able to finish the rest of my snack!
I've been slowly working on this music analysis project that uses tone rows. Doesn't it just look like coloring? I needed a little sweetness while I worked so I tried these new crystalized ginger pieces. They are sweet on the outside and have a really satisfying texture but are surpirsingly spicy! 6 pieces is only 100 calories but I don't think I can handle 6 pieces in one sitting. I ate three and finished the other three during the choir break.

Dinner

Dinner was reheated Pumpkin and Black Bean Casserole and a side salad with mixed olives from Whole Foods, olive paste, and a few whole wheat crostini. And a glass of water for good measure.
I finished my last crostini with some of the bruschetta, also from Whole Foods.
For dessert I had a Skinny Figgy Bar and some gourmet drinking chocolate with soy milk, hot water, and agave.
Now I'm watching a brutal zombie movie on FX with Josh Hartnett and Melissa George called "30 Days of Night". Freaking Brutal!!! No worries though, I don't get nightmares.

Tomorrow is voice lesson day so a good night sleep is a must. As soon as this movie is over I am putting myself to bed!

3 comments:

muffin said...

Dad really likes that moovie!

Claire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Claire said...

Haha why am I not surprised? It was pretty good but the ending was laamme.