Saturday, February 6, 2010

Catch up, Size up, Pump up!

So obviously I'm writing on Saturday which is definitely not in keeping with Shabbos, but I've been doing a lot of hard thinking about this and I've come to a conclusion. Last night after I decided it was time to stop taking pictures of my food because I wasn't blogging it, I started eating whatever I felt like and too much of it. Not blogging is not an excuse to go crazy and that's what I did. I think the ideas behind Shabbos are beautiful and something for me to strive for but I also think that without being completely behind all of the principles, it's not a good idea for me to try and force myself to do it. I think this baby step was too big for me and I'm not ready yet. Yet! Anyways, I just thought I would put that out there!

Also, I don't want to make a habit of having these huge catch up posts with meals of all sorts in them. It was midterms week and it got pretty hectic but I think it just goes to show that my organization could use a little work but my priorities are right where they should be. (I think!) So I'll catch up now and hope to keep on top of it!

I had a little study time snack of a sliced up Fuji apple and peanut butter for dipping. I heated the peanut butter for a few seconds so it would be saucy.
Dinner was a big 'ol salad with pinto beans and wild rice, salsa, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper, and of course hummus!
Surprise surprise, a little cereal!

Midterm breakfast was banana oats with raisins and peanut butter!
No question about it, it was raining cats and dogs yesterday. Let's just put it this way, it was NOT bike-to-class weather but guess who did it anyways??
Our bikes just get drenched! ...don't ask why there's a fan out there...lol.
I got to my midterm as fast as I could and got completely soaked on the way! The tops of my legs were just saturated and my jacket and gloves weren't doing any better. I felt pretty good about the midterm considering. I would have liked to have studied more than just one day straight if things had worked out differently but turns out the studying I did was actually pretty good and I knew exactly what to say for the essay question!! There were some multiple choice questions I straight up guessed on but I'm usually a pretty good guesser. I'm hoping for a B :)

After the test I had studio and it was still just as wet out. I just made it! I felt sooo good after that test was over I rewarded myself with a Mountain Mix Mojo bar.

Studio was good. I sang a french song that I'm working on and even though I am still having some rhythmic issues with a duplet (gah, stupid duplets ahh!!) I did the song from memory woohoo!

After studio I had work for two hours which was very low key and after that... I was FIANLLY FREE! I rushed home thinking the pause in the rain was just for me :) and started the plan I had already concocted in my mind of exactly what I wanted to do. I just wanted to relax and watch the end of "Groundhog Day" in my bed! My roomie Kelsey has discovered that her gluten intolerance is demanding more of her attention so I agreed to help her out and take those pita chips off her hands :) haha. I set myself up with a tasty snack and just chilled out!
At this point I think I decided to stop photographing my food...I also over ate a bit at this point. Which is why I woke myself up this morning and dragged my booty to a free cardio circut class at the gym. It was awesome and fairly challenging. It started coming down again when I left and got completely soaked again! It's all good though cause I made myself a delicious breakfast smoothie and toasted pita with peanut butter. In the smoothie:
  • 1 cup frozen blueberries
  • last of my soy yogurt > 1/2 cup
  • 1 small banana
  • 3/4 cup soy milk
  • 1 tsp. agave
simple and delicious!

The goal for today is a very simple one:
  1. Do good things for Claire
Today I just want to take care of me and make sure I am doing things that are fun and make me happy like choosing recipes to conquer, painting my nails, whatever! I've been stressing out so much that last night when I was finally done, I still had to tell myself, "you're done. There's nothing else you have to do right now. Clam down. Let it go!" Does your brain ever do that? Think it's still on edge even when there's nothing going on? sheesh!

Well there is talk of getting a pedicure with Savannah today so I'm keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed!

No comments: