Monday, February 22, 2010

Who Says Improv is Only for Jazz?

When I got home from choir I was inspired to make GRANOLA! I used to make granola all the time I don't know what happened. So tonight I was bringing it back! I use the recipe from the book "Skinny Bitch in The Kitch" haha. It calls for rice syrup which I thought was of special mention because it is sort of obscure.
It has a honey like consistency and even a honey like flavor but is not as tasty on its own in my opinion.
Bahhh I love this granola!!

Once it cooled for about four minutes I put it in this container and shook it around with 3/4 cup raisins
I had half a yam left from last week and what I ended up doing with it was total improvisation! I nuked it for about four minutes and then ended up baking it in the oven for another 20 minutes since it was already on from the granola. Then I whipped it in the mixer with 1/4 cup soy milk and 1/4 tsp cinnamon. Plopped it back into the dish which I melted a little butter in before hand. I sprinkled the top with a tiny bit of brown sugar and some more cinnamon. Came out pretty good actually!
Veggies cooked with oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, pinto beans, and sweet yams for dinner. It was delicious!
I had to enjoy some of my fresh granola while I watched the Olympics!
Honestly I don't know how I'm still awake. It is like sooo past my bedtime. I'm getting full allergy testing done tomorrow afternoon and I'm a little anxious. I just want to get it over with!

Good night everyone!

No comments: