Monday, February 8, 2010

Soup for Sicky

I made it to choir feeling fine but as the rehearsal went on my throat started feeling worse and worse. I decided to be my own Jewish mother and make Matzo Ball Soup! hahaha. The impromptu recipe was:
  • less than 1/4 cup chopped celery
  • about 7 baby carrots
  • less than 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
  • 1 cup Wolfgang Puck vegetable broth (all I had left!)
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 vegetable bullion cube
  • 4 matzo balls made by the directions on the package
The matzo balls called for egg so I used egg replacer. Seems logical! I was nervous that it wouldn't be the same texture or something weird would happen but it actually worked out fine. This is what a replaced egg looks like.
I've never made matzo balls before. I was pretty pleased with myself!
A mug of throat coat and Jewish penicillin (minus the chicken). Just what I need!
I was only going to have half the batch but it really wasn't much so I just went ahead and had the rest.
I love this ring! It deserves a shot of its own. It was a gift from my lovely roomie Kelsey.
My throat was calling for something cold! This chocolate ice cream is made out of coconut milk yuuummm!
I microwaved some frozen berries for a minute as a sauce.


I was dying to try this my new granola. Dark chocolate almond granola, who can imagine a better combo??
I approve :)
It's way past my bed time now, see you in the AM!

No comments: