Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Salad and Satisfaction!

When I came home after choral conducting (which was awesome today!) I decided to go all out on a salad. In total I used:
  • about a cup of spinach
  • about a half cup of brussel sprouts cut in half
  • 1 tsp. vegan butter
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 2 cloves roasted garlic
  • 1 tsp. tahini
  • 1 tsp. hummus
  • 2 tsp. salsa
  • ground salt and pepper
  • squeeze of fresh lemon juice
  • drizzle of balsamic vinegar
I microwaved the brussel sprouts with a little water for 2:30 to soften them up.
In the mean time I heated a pan and melted the butter.
Then I added the garlic and onions till and sautéed them a little.
Next I popped in the brussel sprouts
Tahini is awesome in salad dressings and has sort of a peanuty taste. It's made of sesame seeds.
Here I added the tahini and a little salt and pepper.
Next some fresh lemon juice and not pictured, hummus and salsa.
I served my salad with eight sun dried tomato basil wheat thins and green tea with fresh mint leaves! Delicious!
I ate around 4:30 which always puts the rest of my eating at weird times. But I was hungry when I came home!

I have some very good news: I FINISHED MY PAPER! I'm off to relax a little with my roomie bootch besty Savannah!

No comments: