Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Rest of Tuesday

Lunch
I came home for lunch and made a tasty looking spread. I used a frozen veggie burger from Amy's frozen foods. It was the texas BBQ Flavor? I toasted the bread and spread one side with hummus and the other with guacamole and mustard. Then I topped the patty with tomato and mushrooms.
On the side I made a beautiful fruit salad of apple, strawberries, blackberries, and kiwi.
I had some Naked superfood green juice on the side. What a good looking lunch!
Before heading back to campus I enjoyed a mug of Blueberry Pecan Granola with vanilla almond milk.

Snack
I ate this Honey Graham Z Bar during the break at choir. Hit the spot!

Dinner
I realized when I got home that I am running out of fresh green things in my life. I was also not feeling very well so I decided to make something comforting that always hits the spot: pasta.
I made what ended up being more like a chili than a pasta sauce to top my angel hair. I used
  • 1 can stewed tomatoes
  • about 1 tsp. minced garlic
  • about 1/2 cup grilled mushrooms
  • left over taco 'meat' (which inluded soychorizo, kidney beans, pinto beans, and taco seasoning)
I topped the whole thing with a little vegan parmesan and salt and pepper.
I wasn't as satisfied with this creation as I'd hopped I'd be but at least it gave me some protien and some veggies.

Dessert
Dessert, on the other hand, was fantastic! I made banana ice cream the usual way but when it started to become creamy and ice cream-like, I added strawberries and chocolate chips!!
It was amazing!
Sorry my posts have been so out of whack lately with the dates. I have been working my butt off and my whole day is filled with one thing after another. But I'm still taking pictures and I'm still keeping track! I miss blogging on time :( When the opera is over and my recital and midterms....Soon, blogworld, soon!

No comments: