Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Raw Spring Pesto

Lunch
Today for lunch Kelsey found a recipe on a blog for Raw Spring Pesto. It had cashews, pine nuts, cilantro, basil, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin. We each ate one in a red cabbage leaf topped with cucumbers, tomatoes, and salt and pepper. It was like eating a creamy pesto taco! So good!
I had it with two exciting looking carrots. That twisty one is my favorite haha.
For a little something sweet I sliced up an apple and enjoyed them with a Tbsp. of cashew butter. The only problem with my homemade cashew butter is that it's not creamy like the store bought stuff and ends up being more like homemade cashew crumbles. How do they make it so saucy?? I really don't want to add oil but I want my butters buttery!
It was very had to resist making another smoothie but I did. One a day is good!
Now I'm backstage at opera, again, a typical place for me these days. But tomorrow we have a break because our first performance is on Friday!! We're using our free time to celebrate Rebecca's Birthday by going out to dinner woohoo!

Dinner post coming soon!

No comments: