Monday, April 19, 2010

Busy Sunday

This is Ani's Raw Food Kitchen cookbook that Kelsey and I are making all our meals out of just for your information!
You know you're going raw when...

Brunch
On the menu for breakfast this morning was the "Spanish Scramble" This included:
  • 2 cups almonds, dry
  • 1 cup sunflower seeds, dry
  • 1/2 tsp. sea salt
  • 2 tsp. turmeric
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup cilantro
  • 1 cup tomato, diced
  • 1/4 cup scallions
My food processor isn't that big so I mixed the sunflower seeds and almonds together to process them in batches.

Then I transfered everything to the blender and added the water, the salt, and the turmeric.
My blender was having a hard time with this intensely thick concoction!
Served on a bed of spinach with salt and pepper.
It's supposed to make four servings but I think these servings are huge! I woke up late so this was sort of my brunch. It sat pretty heavy in my stomach though and I don't think I will be eating this much at one time again :/
Chelsey wanted to taste the homemade almond mylk so I tasted some with her :) Then I rushed off to work!
I rushed home from work only to pack up and leave again for opera rehearsal, ugh! I made the tastiest smoothie though. It was more like a dessert smoothie! I used
  • 1 small banana
  • 2 small pitted dates
  • 1/2 tsp. carob powder
  • 1/2 tsp. cacao nibs
  • 1 tsp. almond butter
  • about 1/4 cup frozen strawberries
I packed a portion of the Confetti Salad with Cucumber Orange Dressing, two peeled carrots, and a cherry pie lärabar.
When we first arrived there was some downtime so I tried not to be obnoxious while eating this carrot!
By the way, this is my new camera case. Isn't it cute!?

Dinner
When we were released for an hour I parked myself down in the dressing room and had dinner. I gave this salad an intense shake to mix everything around. You can't really tell in this photo but there were a whole bunch of walnuts and dried cranberries at the bottom. Yum!
Blogging, what what??
I love this water bottle. (Don't mind me goofing in the back...) I read somewhere that using a straw can help increase the amount you drink. This is the most convenient water bottle I've ever own. I totally recommend it!
Later, I attempted to do some of my theory homework while sipping on my dessert smoothie. Bendy straws make it even better haha.
During a break in the dressing room I chowed down on my other carrot. My costume is perfect for carrot eating! By the way, that is definitely stage-ish make up. I never wear that much blush otherwise, come on!
I did also eat my cherry pie lärabar but I guess I forgot to upload the photo! It's really annoying when that happens because if I were to add it now it would appear at the top of the post and I would have to drag it down through all the text...sigh. I need a better way to blog here people. Suggestions???
We finally finished at 11 PM :/ Best believe I came home, washed all that crap off my face and went straight to bed! It was a good Sunday :)

No comments: