Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Feelin Good!

Breakfast
Finally we're at today! Last night I prepared a version of overnight oats that is more like yogurt oats. I probably should invest in a container of nut milk but I'm a little nervous that having milk around may become an invitation to eat cereal... I haven't had any cereal since my cleanse/raw diet and I am scared! Yes, I am scared of cereal and granola! I love them so much that sometimes I can't say no! I need to get my confidence and will power and self discipline and have a pow-wow with my granola loving self and get over it! hahaha In the mix:
  • 1/3 cup soy yogurt
  • 1/3 cup rolled oats
  • 1 tsp. chia seeds
I let all that sit in the fridge over night and in the morning I topped it with
  • 1/2 banana, sliced small
  • three strawberries, sliced small
  • mixed berries
  • 1 Tbsp. almond butter
  • 1/2 Tbsp. of Kelsey's raw flaxseed coconut banana pancake mix
Mixed it all up and viola!
The oats had absorbed the yogurt and were soft and mixture was thick and yummy. I think the chia seeds really make a difference. I also had a mug of peppermint tea and my Cleanse tablet and Women's One a Day.
Lunch
After section and a productive practice sesh, I came home and made a killer lunch. In my salad I had:
  • 1 cup chopped cabbage
  • 1 tsp. vinegar
  • three small tomatoes
  • 3/4 cup snow peas
  • 1 cup cooked beets
  • rice from last night mixed with kidney beans
  • two salad tossers, I mean carrot sticks!
  • 1 Tbsp. Tahini Dressing
I chopped the cabbage and poured the vinegar over the top to let it marinate a little while I prepared everything else. I thought this might help soften the cabbage and cut down on the amount of the dressing I needed to use. It was delish!
I also had a Fuji with a Tbsp. of almond butter. I left it in the spoon for better scooping action!
Later I had another seriously juicy orange. These babies are a mess but sooo sweet!

Snack
I whipped this post out in record time and now I am going to allow myself to veg out a little and enjoy this chocolatey Z bar. Remember these? Yeah, it's been a while!
I've already done all my dishes, packed my dinner for my four hour work shift at 6, practiced my entire program, and blogged up to the present! Small accomplishments but I'm feelin' good! See ya later :)

1 comment:

muffin said...

When I look at your food, it makes me hungry!