Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What would you say if...

Workout
All I have to say is: Mission Accomplished! I woke up feeling sooo tired and not motivated to work out but I forced myself to change and get downstairs in front of the DVD player. Erin O'Brien kicked my butt again! I was happy though that I was able to do some of the parts that were too hard the first time.
After the DVD I tried this yoga routine from my Health magazine. It was tough and I'm not a yoga buff or anything so I shortened it a little. It was nice to stretch but painful! I am the most inflexible girl in the world :(

Breakfast
What would you say if I made an oatmeal, yogurt and strawberry parfait? Well, I did! First I measured out my walnuts to 15g or 1/8 cup. Yes, I actually measure.

In the oats:
  • 1/3 cup rolled oats
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1 banana
  • 1 tsp. chia seeds
  • 1 tsp. milled flaxseeds
  • shake cinnamon
  • 1/8 cup toasted walnuts
I toasted the walnuts in the microwave for 45 sec. and a little later or another 25. The oats were piping hot so I actually stuck them in the freezer for 2 min. To make the parfait I used:
  • 1/3 cup vanilla soy yogurt
  • 4 strawberries, chopped small
I layered oats, yogurt and fruit twice, positioning the berries towards the edge so they would be seen from the outside. My portioning was a little off but it still tasted great!
The pretty dish just couldn't handle it all so I put the extras on the side. I also took my Cleanse tablet and Women's One a Day. Such a delicious breakfast! It looks sinful but it's totally guilt-free.
Now I have to figure out what to do with this mop.

See ya later!

No comments: