Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Veg Veg Veggies

Snack
After class I planned to stay on campus and practice so I had this banana bread lärabar. I thought it was a good flavor for a rainy day. By the time I got out of class it was letting up though and it didn't rain for the rest of the day.


Lunch
A few hours later, after some running around, I came home for a late lunch. I decided to make one serving of the "Tomato Basil Bisque"
  • 1 tomato
  • 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
  • t/2 tsp. sea salt
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup water
My little avocado was looking very squishy so I decided to put chunks from half of it into my Cabbage Kale Slaw.
The soup came out fantastic!
The only problem I had with this lunch was that 1/4 cup olive oil in the soup. I just couldn't get over how many calories that was and that I ate it all in one sitting. I think the next time I make this soup I'm going to alter that part.

Dinner
For dinner I was in a bit of a rush to get to opera and the Cabbage Kale Slaw was all that we had pre-made. In an effort not to be boring and have the same thing for lunch and dinner I added some exciting toppings:
  • 1 tsp. sunflower seeds
  • 3/4 one large carrot, shredded
  • 1/2 cup red bell pepper. chopped small
  • 1/4 cup sprouts
Between acts I snacked on these veggies. I even shared some with some of the chorus members! yay veggies!
When I finally got home I had two dates for a little something sweet.
I decided to prepare some "Sun Burgers" for tomorrow since it's going to be a busy one.
  • 1 cup sunflower seeds, ground
  • 1/2 cup flaxseeds, ground
  • 1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped,
  • 2 stalks celery, chopped
  • 1 tsp. sea salt
  • 2 tsp. oregano
  • 1/2 cup water
I processed the seeds first, then the veggies.
I added the water last and mixed well.
I formed four patties ready to go!
I portioned everything out exactly using my nifty food scale. I love this thing!

Workout
This morning I was going to go on a run but it is awfully grey out and I didn't want to get my shoes all messed up. (I know, not a good excuse!) I didn't feel like going to the gym either so I did a 30min pilates podcast on my laptop. It was good strength training!

Breakfast
For breakfast I attempted to have the last of the Spanish Scramble which is mostly almonds and sunflower seeds. I also had some aqua, two Cleanse tablets, and a Women's One a Day. This happened the last time I had this dish for breakfast but I didn't mention it...for some reason, after I got half way through it, I literally thought I was going to throw up. It's as if it hit my stomach so hard in the morning or something and I just can't handle it. Why does this happen!? :( I scooped the rest of it back into the container and took a breather.

I recovered and decided to go or something lighter. I made a smoothie with
  • 3/4 cup frozen strawberries
  • 1 small banana
  • 1 pitted date
  • 1/2 Tbsp. chia seeds
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • about 1/3 cup water, till it blended smooth
I feel fine now and the smoothie is going down well. That's just so weird! The strange thing is that the exact thing also happened to Kelsey. Sadly, I think this intensely nutty recipe is going to have to be resigned from breakfast duty. It's just too much for the morning I guess.

I have a voice lesson this morning at 10:30 so I better start getting ready! Today is a super bust day but at least I will get to come home for a quick lunch. Cross your fingers I don't get rained on today!!

No comments: