Monday, April 19, 2010

Back on The Band Wagon!

Workout
This morning something amazing happened. I got out of bed at 7:30 and went on a run!!! If you've been following closely you may have noticed that I have sort of fallen off the band wagon with what used to be regular morning runs and some gym activity. Since I've been stressing out so much about my junior recital and getting my program ready, the exercising just sort of took second priority...and then third, and maybe even fourth behind food and sleep. The backwards thing about it is that when I'm a stress bug like that, that is the best time to go run or work out! It just didn't click until this morning and I am so glad it finally did. I think it has everything to do with the mental and physical cleanse! I did my usual run to the beach and back which is a little over 2 miles. I made it in about 22 minutes which is good for me and I only stopped when a bug literally flew into my eyeball. When I got back I did some floor abs: 3 sets of 20 bycicles, three sets of 20 scissor kick leg lifts. Then some arms: 3 sets of ten reps of 10 lbs bicep curls and one shoulder complex with 6 lbs: 8 straight in front, 8 out to the side, 8 bending over and pulling back, 8 chest presses. I was feelin good!

Breakfast
I re-fueled with a half portion of the Spanish Scramble on a little spinach, H2O, and a Women's Once a Day.
It was just too much for me before and it's not like it's low cal!
Aren't these shoes awesome? And my rug too? haha

Lunch
After Ethics I came home and got to work on this "Cabbage and Kale Slaw in a Simple Greek Dressing" I thinly sliced a bunch of red cabbage and dino kale.
The dressing really was simple. All it was:
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tsp. thyme
  • 1/2 tsp. sea salt
I debated keeping the dressing separate but then I decided to just mix it all in. The recipe said that it would marinate when mixed and that sounded good to me.
I peeled two carrots and served myself up! This dressing is a keeper.
Then I tired this tropical fruit tart lärabar for the first time.
It was lighter in color than the other bars and it was soooo good! They really did a good job making this bar tropical tasting. New top flavor!
Then, completely on impulse, I made cashew butter!
Talk about sweet-tooth; I just wasn't full and I wanted something sweet. I sliced up a small banana, and topped it with cashew butter crumbles, cacao nibs, and a drizzle of honey. Delish!
Later, before I left for opera I grabbed a few raisins. Attack of the sweet-tooth ahh!
Now I'm back in the dressing room waiting to go back on stage for Act II. I guess I should start thinking about that paper for ethics.... bleh.

Dinner post coming soon!

No comments: