Thursday, April 22, 2010

Free Time is Fantastic

Lunch
For lunch I decided to make the Creamy Portabello Bisque. I altered the recipe so that it didn't include sooo much oil and it did come out a little watery but it was still delicious! I started by chopping up a portabello mushroom (actually I did this part yesterday) and marinated the diced pieces in 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 1 tsp. nama shoyu, and a Tbsp. of fresh thyme. They tasted just like cooked mushrooms by the time I used them today. The soup was:
  • 5 brazil nuts (that's all I had!)
  • 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
  • 1/3 cup raw cashew pieces
  • 1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
  • 1 tsp. sea salt (a little less than full)
  • 2 cups water
  • 8 Tbsp. olive oil
Blended till smooth. It reminded me of making nut milk actually because it turned so white. All the flavors really work well together. Topped it off with some of those marinated mushrooms and voila! It was a very small serving but I worked it out on my phone to be a reasonable amount of calories per portion. That tomato bisque was absolutely delicious but the amount of oil actually freaked me out a little. I didn't want that to happen again with this soup! I munched on two carrots.
I love having free time!! I enjoyed my lunch while watching an episode of Six Feet Under on my laptop. Towards the end of the episode I busted out 'dessert' which was this Lemon Lärabar.
I really like this flavor, not too lemony but still has that refreshing lemon flavor.
I was having a moment of weakness once the episode ended and my lärabar was all gone. I wanted to eat more even thought I didn't want to eat more. Know what I mean? Luckily I can always turn to my favorite blogs: Carrots 'N' Cake, Eat Live Run, Kath Eats Real Food, and Food,Fitness,Fashion. I love these girls!! Seeing what they are up to and that they are keeping with their healthy habits motivates me to stick with it too. Even if they are having a down day or whatever, seeing real people who are thinking like me and doing good things for themselves makes me happy. That's all I hope for with my blog, to motivate myself and others to be healthy and to entertain a little with my crazy food and crazy personality.

I think in an effort to save myself from overeating I will go to Fantastic Sams and see what they can to about this mop!
Hope your Thursday is going well :)

No comments: