It happened! I got myself out of bed and actually worked out! I'm sensing a new trend y'all and it's a good one. I decided to run to the gym since my normal dirt path is probably a mud path right now. When I got there I did some biceps, triceps, and standing ab exercises. I also did a few lunges and a set of squats. Then I ran home. According to my iMapMyRun app on my iPhone the total distance was 2.50 miles and I completed it in 27:04. I know these aren't the best times in the world but I'm proud of myself for doing it and I think putting it all out there is a good thing. I only stopped for the street lights, probably a good thing.
After my speedy shower I whipped up a breakfast smoothie which included:
It came out really nutty and thick almost like a shake. Can't even taste the spinach! Hopefully this will tide me over till at least 2-ish. Maybe I shall pack some snacking veggies... Anyways, I also rehydrated with some H2O and took my Cleanse tablets and my Women's One a Day.
- handful of spinach
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- half a frozen banana
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 Tbsp. cashew butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. milled flaxseed
- just enough water to get it blending, less than 1/8 cup
I have a lot to look forward to today:
- 2 voice lessons, the second of which my accompanist is coming to
- Free time since it's dark day for the opera
- possibility of getting my eyebrows done...possibly getting a hair cut?? Should I get bangs? Ugh, the indecision!
- having some time to get some real work done on my Ethics paper (I'm trying to put a positive spin on this one)
- And last but not least, my friend Rebecca is having her birthday dinner tonight! We're going to a place called Edomasa Japanese Sushi Bar & Rastaurant. I've already started doing a little research to see if it's reasonable for me to try and stay as close to raw as possible. What are fermented soy beans a.k.a natto??