Thursday, April 22, 2010

Run Run Sing Sing

Workout
It happened! I got myself out of bed and actually worked out! I'm sensing a new trend y'all and it's a good one. I decided to run to the gym since my normal dirt path is probably a mud path right now. When I got there I did some biceps, triceps, and standing ab exercises. I also did a few lunges and a set of squats. Then I ran home. According to my iMapMyRun app on my iPhone the total distance was 2.50 miles and I completed it in 27:04. I know these aren't the best times in the world but I'm proud of myself for doing it and I think putting it all out there is a good thing. I only stopped for the street lights, probably a good thing.

Breakfast
After my speedy shower I whipped up a breakfast smoothie which included:
  • handful of spinach
  • 1 cup frozen strawberries
  • half a frozen banana
  • 2 pitted dates
  • 1 Tbsp. cashew butter
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1 Tbsp. milled flaxseed
  • just enough water to get it blending, less than 1/8 cup
It came out really nutty and thick almost like a shake. Can't even taste the spinach! Hopefully this will tide me over till at least 2-ish. Maybe I shall pack some snacking veggies... Anyways, I also rehydrated with some H2O and took my Cleanse tablets and my Women's One a Day.
I have a lot to look forward to today:
  • 2 voice lessons, the second of which my accompanist is coming to
  • Free time since it's dark day for the opera
  • possibility of getting my eyebrows done...possibly getting a hair cut?? Should I get bangs? Ugh, the indecision!
  • having some time to get some real work done on my Ethics paper (I'm trying to put a positive spin on this one)
  • And last but not least, my friend Rebecca is having her birthday dinner tonight! We're going to a place called Edomasa Japanese Sushi Bar & Rastaurant. I've already started doing a little research to see if it's reasonable for me to try and stay as close to raw as possible. What are fermented soy beans a.k.a natto??
Well that first voice lesson is comin' up here soon so I better go get ready. It seriously feels like Friday to me what the heck?
Ta Ta!

No comments: