Saturday, May 29, 2010

Burritos Happen

Dinner
I don't know how it slipped my mind but I forgot to take a picture of my dinner until it was already all gone! Oops! My friend Chad came over and Savannah, he, and I ate the rest of the lentil soup. I also sipped on a chai cola but only had half of it.
We also had a spread of hummus with toasted pita and carrots for dipping. We just relaxed and chatted for a while before going on a walk towards the ocean to watch the sunset.

Midnight Snack
Sometimes burritos just happen! You know that hour of the night when a burrito from Freebirds just sounds like the most amazing thing you can imagine? That's what happened to me last night. Savannah and I split this bad boy and it was particularly delicious. I think it was the salsa verde and fresh cilantro that did it.

Breakfast
Breakfast this morning was OIAJ! woohoo! I made a double batch for Savannah and I which included:
  • 1 cup oats
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 extremely mushy ripe banana
  • 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
  • 1 Tbsp. milled flaxseed
  • cinnamon
  • vanilla extract
I added a scoop of boysenberry jam to make PB&J oats. I also made some strong coffee which I enjoyed with soy hazelnut creamer.
I'm currently sitting in the Laundromat (finally) waiting on the dryers. I'm sooo happy it's a three day weekend, aren't you!?

Hope your Saturday has been going well :)

3 comments:

muffin said...

I hope burritos happen when I am there! :)

muffin said...

I hope burritos happen when I am there! :)

Claire said...

They will if I have anything to say about it!