Sunday, May 23, 2010

Veggie Patty

The show in the park went really well! I sang in the first three songs and then I went out into the audience to snap a few shots of the band. They played awesome and everyone was loving it.


Snack
Afterwards I came home and had some chips and guac while watching Six Feet Under in my bed. By the time the episode was over I couldn't believe how late it was!

Dinner
For dinner I decided to attempt to make my own veggie burger. I made a kind of bean paste concoction a few days ago (during the days that I skipped blogging) and I would estimate that it included:
  • 1 can kidney beans
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 1 small white onion
  • seasonings to taste, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and paprika
I pulsed everything in the food processor until smooth and stored what I didn't use. Last night I added to that:
  • approx. 3/4 cup rice
  • 1 cup mix of frozen peas, corn m and carrots
  • about 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
  • garlic powder, salt, pepper, cumin and corriander to taste
The paste was sticky but held together well enough that I could form a patty and cook it in a pan with a little spray on cooking oil. I guess it was really more of a bean-veggie pancake but topping it with mustard made it feel like a burger patty. I also made a batch of the best ever roasted broccoli.

I was pretty happy with how it turned out. And it tasted good too!
I heated up the apple strawberry crisp from Sojourner that I ordered to go. Looks like it held the shape of the cup it was in.
I also finished the other half of that ridiculously good coconut cookie.

Snack
I know it seems a little weird to be having a snack after dinner and dessert but I was having one of those insatiable moments! I decided to be smart and go for the apple and peanut butter instead of something more carbby.
I ended up dressing up like a ninja with Kelsey for a masquerade party woohoo! But don't worry, I came home in time to get plenty of beauty rest ;) I skipped Jillian's video since my knees were feeling funny so that means Sunday I have a date will Jill!

No comments: