Thursday, May 27, 2010

Roasty

Well...I thought I was being smart by setting up some eggplant and tofu to marinate before I went and did my laundry but what ended up happening was me spending all my time in the kitchen and not doing the laundry. Ah well. Laundry will always wait!

Dinner
I sliced up this egg plant, scored it, salted it to draw out the juices, and let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
After less than ten minutes the juices started coming out.
Then I made a marinade for the tofu whose recipe came from here:
  • 3 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp. sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp. oregano
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
I spooned on the sauce and let it sit for about 25 minutes.
I scored the tofu just like the eggplant so it would seep in.
I quartered two small onions and poured on the rest of the marinade. I popped everything in the oven which was at 400F. I checked everything at 30 minutes but ultimately cooked everything for about 45-50 minutes.
I definitely sliced the eggplant too thin because it stuck to the foil :( boo! The tofu was also to thin because the edges got a little black.
But all in all it still came out tasting pretty darn good! The tofu was sweet from the balsamic and the eggplant was very salty. The onion was the perfect touch and everything together was an awesome combo. Just gotta avoid the black parts :/
I enjoyed everything with a mate mojito, yum!

Dessert
For dessert I had some of my Died and Gone to Carrot Cake Heaven with strawberries on the side.

It's almost the weekend y'all hope it's been a good week!

No comments: