Saturday, May 22, 2010

Back to Normal!

Breakfast
This morning Savannah and I were in the mood to go out to breakfast so we went to a favorite cafe of mine: Sojourner Cafe. They specialize in vegan and vegetarian food but have dishes for everyone.
I ordered a hazelnut latte with soy. Not to sweet and perfectly creamy. The steamed soy is my favorite part.
Savannah ordered the whole wheat french toast with sour cream, walnuts, strawberries, and maple syrup.
I went with the tofu scramble with chipotle orange sauce.
Everything was delicious. Sojourner is also know for having amazing desserts so I figured while I was there I may as well get one! Since I didn't actually have a cookie on Cookie Friday I got one of their vegan coconut cookies. I had half of it and shared some with Savannah. It was so butter and coconuty we agreed that you would never guess it was vegan if you didn't already know.

Lunch
I've been blogging like a mad woman since I got home and actually just finished my lunch. My stomach started feeling empty around two so I made a PB&J pita and enjoyed it with an apricot mango soy yogurt and some fresh cherries and strawberries.
I've been asked to sing with Soul Minded again today at 4 in the park so I think I better start getting ready and get in contact with the guys. Soul Minded is a reggae band I used to sing with back in sophomore year but I was too busy to make all the gigs so they found someone else. Recently they've been asking me to fill in for a few performances and I'm happy to do it! It's 'hecka' windy today as my brother would say and I think it's going to have to be a hair-up situation if ya know what I mean!

It feels so good to be back on the regular blog flow guys!
Catch ya later!

No comments: