Thursday, May 27, 2010

Beauty and The Beast Oats

Breakfast
I know it may be hard to believe but I am actually posting breakfast at breakfast time! It's been a while, I know. This morning I decided to make butternut squash oats.
  • about 3/4 cup frozen butternut squash chunks
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • small handful raisins, I got a little excited with the raisins this morning
  • 1 tsp. chia seeds
  • 1 tsp. milled flaxseeds
  • shake cinnamon
  • splash vanilla
  • 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
  • scoop peanut butter
  • soy milk
I put just the frozen squash and the water in the pot first to cook the freeze out. Then I added all but the peanut butter and the soy milk on top and made oats as usual.
I like putting milk on top of my oats because it always makes me think of that scene in Beauty and The Beast where they sit down to eat breakfast together and the Beast just doesn't know what to do with himself. Hahahaha!
Half caff hazelnut coffee, water, and a Women's One a Day to go with my Beauty and The Beast oats.
I can't believe there are only two weeks left of school! I have some big plans this summer and it hasn't really hit me yet just how quickly it's all coming on. My cousin Lindsay is getting married next month (woohoo!!), school ends on June 11, the lease for my apartment ends June 17, and I leave for Isarel for six weeks on June 14! This translates into a few important things that you will be seeing soon:
  • Initiation of the "Eat it So You Don't Have to Move It" operation
  • Cramming for finals and writing a paper or two
  • A trip to Arizona
  • A visit from my Mamma
  • Lots of long skirts, hummus, and Hebrew!
I have recently, um...last night, discovered online shopping!! I can see how it could become addicting but that is why I used my own credit card which is my own hard earned money that only gets replenished if I work. I think I spent wisely. The only think I couldn't seem to find any deals on is Rosetta Stone for Hebrew. I would really like to try and learn a little of the language while I'm in Israel and I have had good luck with Rosetta Stone in the past, it's just so darn expensive. Does anyone know of a way to find a discounted price? Or possibly other language programs that are equally as good? Anyways, all I should be focusing on right now are the papers and finals at hand and maybe also the Kilimanjaro of laundry that is taking over my closet.

Time to get ready for Baroque Music. I actually really like this class and I'm even going to remember to bring my anthology for once, yesss!

See ya later!

1 comment:

muffin said...

I like "Beauty & The Beast" oats, ha, ha. I miss you.