Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Yoga Morning

Good Morning! I set my alarm for 6:30 and 6:35 and eventually my eyes opened at 6:46 but I was just draggin my wagon. It took a lot of self convincing to actually get out of bed. By the time I was dressed in my workout clothes it was already 6 minutes to the start of my cycling class. I haven't been on time once so far and I felt like stressing out about it so early in the morning is not the way to go. Instead, I decided to do better next week and be perfectly on time and do something that I've been wanting to do for a while. iTunes Yoga Podcasts! Is it amazing to anyone else that there are zillions of freeeeee workout podcasts just waiting to be conquered? I chose a podcast called YOGAmazing by Chaz Rough titled "Yoga for College Students". I thought that was appropriate. It was pretty good, nice and light, and definitely relaxing. The only problem I was having is that I'm having some kind of allergies this morning. When I was in child's pose with my forehead on the ground it felt like little weights that had been floating around in my head were coming to settle behind my face.
I even busted out my snazzy yoga mat! Purple is my favorite color :D
Finally it was time to fill my grumbling stomach. In the mix:
  • 1/2 cup soy milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 Large Fuji Apple
  • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1 tsp. light agave
  • 1 Tbsp. milled flax seed
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • scoop of peanut butter
And a mug o' green tea with a little soy milk. I'm beginning to learn that a little soy milk goes a long way. I'm pretty impressed with the Costco brand Kirkland. They seems to have quite a few quality products!
Ahh, apartment decor. I love it when you can see the steam coming off the food.

Well today is another looooong day:
  1. Music 160B- 20th Century Analysis
  2. Anthro 131- Native American Indians
  3. Work at the Music Library (best job ever!)- 3 hr. shift
  4. Meet with Greg about Music History Paper
  5. Chamber Choir- 2 hr. rehearsal (which is better than 3. trust me!)
I won't be home again until after 7 so I'm going to try to plan a little better than yesterday and get a tasty lunch plus snacks packed up. But right now it's shower time! Gotta have my head on straight today, it's gunna be a busy one!

No comments: