Tuesday, January 26, 2010

College Lifestyle and Fitness, a Gray Morning

Good Morning Blog World! ...Whoever's out there. I've been thinking a lot about my new blog and I'm really proud of myself for finally just doing it. It's something I've been thinking about and wanting for a while now. But I was only coming up with reasons why I wouldn't be able to keep up with a blog until now: I intend to prove myself wrong! But... I've also been thinking "what makes my blog unique?" "why would anyone want to read my blog?"
Well one pretty good reason is that I am a college student with a college student schedule, budget, lifestyle, and I'm college student age. The things I am interested in and have questions or struggles with could very well be the interests, questions, and struggles of a lot of other people! I don't intend to limit my audience (if I ever get one...) to only college students because I won't be one forever, but it makes sense that one of the biggest impacts on my everyday life should be a prominent topic here.
So my question today is, how do college students make health and fitness a part of their lives? We're all under a lot of pressure to achieve well in classes, (to go to class in the first place for that matter), to make our own money or live by a budget, to take care of ourselves, and in large, to be successful human beings. How do you or did you make fitness fit in with your college lifestyle?
I set my alarm for 7 this morning but I woke up at 6:30 thinking I had for sure slept through my alarm. I think it's a good thing my internal alarm clock is getting earlier. I like being up early in the morning. Does that make me an old woman??? Breakfast this morning was another bowl of cinnamon apple oats except this time I did 1/2 cup soy milk and 1/2 cup water instead of a full cup of milk, and I added a Tbsp of milled flax seed. Plus a piping hot mug of green tea.
I'm pretty darn excited today because after my music history class my friend Amanda and I are going to hit the gym together! I never get to work out with anyone any more so this little gym date is getting me pretty excited. I have class again at 2 so I packed this little veggie-less snack. It's very cherrilicious but there are no veggies in sight! A big lunch salad is in my future. By the way for any fellow vegans out there, I think WholeSoy & Co. is great! Of all the soy yogurts I've tried I just like this one the best. It doesn't taste planty like soy sometimes can. A report to come soon on the Peanut Butter Pretzel Mojo Clif bar.
Last night my roomie told me that it was going to rain tomorrow and I was in denial until this morning. It hasn't started raining yet and the sun is trying it's best to come out...
But it's mostly just a gray day :(

Well, time to get ready for work and my workout date! I would love to hear your answers about college lifestyle and fitness but it's cool... I know I am mostly writing to the ether lol.





No comments: