Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hello Sunday!

Good morning everyone! I won't lie... I missed you. It was definitely a tough break ;) I hope your weekend has been going well. Mine has been pretty darn good. Recap:
Shabbos dinner was super tasty and a blast as usual. One of the things the Rabbi and I talked about while we were setting up place settings was that "suffering is a lack of knowledge". That's such a different way of thinking about suffering and his insights were awesome. I was telling him that I just didn't understand what I could possibly learn from having these horrible allergies until I finally got some relief from my new meds. Now, not-sneezing and not having itchy watery eyes is something I appreciate soo much! There is a reason behind every struggle: to learn!
The performance on Saturday went really well. I felt like I was able to be more musical with the text this time and the audience was bigger too! My voice teacher was there and he called me later that day to talk about it which I was really happy about.
The paper... well...I've read almost all my sources and I have a pretty good idea of what's going on now as far as the format I'm going to shoot for. It's just that I haven't actually started the writing process yet. A little more reading and I'll be cranking it out. (or at least that's what I'm going to tell myself). I tend to get overwhelmed with papers, fr
eak out a bit, and then finally churn out something I'm proud of. I wish it wasn't so, but I work well under pressure...more like I finally get down to business when I'm under pressure haha.

On to this morning! I woke up feeling like my allergies are trying to creep into my chest. I decided to go one a light jog and without music so I could enjoy nature!
It's so beautiful in the morning, I just can't get over it.
Look at that wave crash!
This is the path I usually take. It's right on top of the cliff that boarders the ocean.
When I got back I set up my home workout station woohoo! I decided to do a pilates podcast called "Pilates on Fifth Video Podcast, Pilates Mat- 30 Minute Workout". I actually ended up moving around a whole lot, putting the laptop on the ground, moving the mat, moving it back. I was kind of all over the place. It was a really good episode, definitely worked those abs. Those girls are flexible, sheesh!

For Breakfast this morning a made a batch of Cinnamon Apple Oats. In the mix:
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 Fuji apple, diced
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 Tbsp. milled flax seed
  • 1 1/2 tsp. pure maple syrup
  • 1 Tbsp. peanut butter
I decided to try this new technique of adding the raisins to the hot water to plump them.
Oats, green tea, and even my little Gummy Vites made it in the shot!

So my schedule for today as laid out on my iPhone last night
Hopefully the day will pan out something like this but who knows, surprises always seem to come up. Kelsey and I talked last night about doing a ten day Raw Diet "cleanse" together which would be awesome! We may do a little preparation for that later depending on what goes down. In any case, we made plans to go out to one of our all time favorite restaurants in Santa Barbara: Sojourner Cafe! If you're in Santa Barbara you've gotta check this place out. They have something for everyone and their desserts...omg don't even get me started. You know I'll be checking their daily specials online before we leave. I get so excited about their food!

Off for a shower and then it's paper time :( Wish me luck!

No comments: