Thursday, June 3, 2010

Roasted Carrots Please

Lunch
Sometimes it's nice to have lunch like a little kid. My mom used to set everything up all cute which is probably where a lot of my playing with food comes from. Sometimes there were even little notes in my lunch. I loved those :)
Regular old sandwich with tofurky on a sandwich thin, a pickle, and grapes, apple slices, and pear slices.
Later I finished the other half of the apple with a little PB, one of my favorite snacks!
I also made an iced coffee for a little of that afternoon buzz I love. It was especially necessary as I was working on my music history paper, blaaa!

Snack
I was feeling snacky while I worked so I popped some corn and hit it with some salt and pepper. Such a simple snack, it's like eating air. Love it.

Dinner
For dinner I was in the roasty mood as usual so I decided to make roasted carrots. I used aBarefoot Contessa recipe for inspiration but with my own tweeks. The only major difference was that I used seven carrots instead of twelve and I did the spices and oil by eye. I put all the slices in a big ziploc to make coating them easy on myself. The recipe also said 400 which I did for the first 20 minutes but when they weren't getting roasty enough for me I upped the temp to 450. I think my oven is whacked out.

Before
and after!

While the carrots roasted I got to work on a Three Bean Salad whose recipe I got from the Whole Foods app on my iPhone. Unfortunately the green beans I bought were bad! So I had to make a few alterations. I also added some roasted onions. I didn't take any photos of the process, sorry!
It all came out so pretty it deserved some natural sunlight. Summer food!
By the way I painted my nails blue!
I also enjoyed a mate mojito. I love these things!
And later, Matt shared a strawberry with me. Local fruit is so much better.
Hope you have the chance to get roasty this summer, you don't know what you're missing!

No comments: