Thursday, June 3, 2010

June Two

June first came and went and I totally missed it. Blogging wise that is. And you know what? I'm going to let it slide. It was a weird-bad (as opposed to weird-good) eating day so it's going to go down in history outside of the blog. It wasn't a disaster or anything, I mostly just want to stay caught up to the present and I'm already a day behind! I never knew it would be so hard to keep up with myself.

Anyways, happy June!

Workout
I finally completed Day 10 of the Jillian DVD! I am finally ready to do level 2 and I am betting it's not easy. Can't wait!

Breakfast
Yesterdays overnight oats were a bit bland but still successful. The night before I prepared in my oats bowl:
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup soy milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tsp. chia seeds
  • 1 tsp. milled flaxseeds
  • 2 tsp. raisins
  • shake cinnamon.
The next morning I added a banana and a scoop of peanut butter.
I rehydrated with some H2O and took my Women's One a Day like a good girl.

Snack
Yesterday was the last day of Advanced Tonal Analysis and because our professor is awesome, she called the last day "Happy Day!" (which she actually wrote on the chalk board, hahaha) She brought in her pet rabbit Max and made chocolate chip pecan cookies. I couldn't resist these precious cookies and actually, she told us that she's been organic for 3o years! I completely enjoyed this non-vegan exploit.

Lunch
After 50 of talking about euthanasia in intro to ethics I was soo ready for something innocent and tasty...like sweet potato fries! I sliced those fries up myself! No prepackaged, pre-sliced business. Not that there's anything wrong with buying them sliced, don't get me wrong. I'm just proud that I can cut a yam into a fry shape. The only thing I was frustrated about with these fries was that they were not crispy and firm like a fry should be but rather limp and mushy. They still tasted great but Savannah and I discussed the matter and and concluded that yams and sweet potatoes really make a difference if you're making fries. To make them I coated them with a little olive oil and sprinkled them with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
My sandwich is the same ol' same ol' except I added a slab of roasted bell pepper. On the side, a pickle and some grapes and pear slices.
I enjoyed the other half of my Mate Mojito from last night's dinner.

Snack
After work I had some biz to take care of. I had been dying to try this PB&J flavored Lärabar ever since I saw it on Carrots 'N' Cake.
Delicious! Peanutty and Jelly-ie?

Dinner
Some Three Bean Quinoa Salad on some spinach, sweet potato fries, and roasted broccoli and cauliflower made up my terrific dinner last night. Savannah and I enjoyed reruns of Gray's with dinner. I have been completely sucked in to the series, I have no idea how it happened!

Dessert
I made up a little dessert recipe that is definitely a keeper: Fruity Pudding
  • 1 package silken tofu
  • 2 peaches
  • 1 banana
  • agave to taste (I probably used about 2 Tbsp...maybe a little more)
  • vanilla soy milk, just enough to get the blender going
I put everything in a blender and whipped it up till smooth. That's all it took! It reminded me of yogurt but without the live bacteria. I topped it with some cinnamon puffins. Delish.
Happy June 2!

No comments: