Sunday, August 8, 2010

Vegan Chili

Dinner
My first shift at work since I've been back flew right by and I zipped home to whip up some dinner. I started with a salad of baby greens, cucumber, tomato, avocado, and home made oil and vinegar dressing with a few squirts of chili garlic Cholula (it's so good, you should try it if you can).
I concocted a vegan chili using
  • 2 cans of stewed tomatoes
  • 1 can of tomato paste
  • 1 white onion diced and sauteed
  • about 1/2 cup vegan "Soyrizo"
  • 1 can kidney beans
  • chipoltle chili powder, regular chili powder, black pepper, and garlic powder
Served with "Food Should Taste Good" Multigrain chips on the side.
And now I am stuffed! I still have ridiculous amounts of reading and a kitchen to organize so I am going to get cracking till I just can't any more.
I hope you had a relaxing Sunday evening and I will see you in the morning.

Night!

No comments: