Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Plum Cobbler!

Bloggies, I fell behind yesterday and didn't get a chance to blog at all. I was working and reading non-stop! Here's the recap:

Breakfast
I started my morning with a mug of Honey Lemon Ginsing Green Tea. This tea is really flavorful and, not that I usually do anyway, but doesn't need any sweetening.
I cut up and gobbled this grapefruit. When grapefruits are good, they are so good! This one was particularly juicy and sweet.
30 minutes or more later I made a quick bowl of Coach's Oats, steel cut oats that cook faster than regular. I sweetened with a little honey just for something different.


Lunch
After class I came home and decided to have some of these lovely looking cherries.
Cherries make reading sweeter.
30 minutes later I had an 'appetizer' of Food Should Taste Good multigrain and sweet potato chips with some garlic lover's salsa. yum!
I reheated a bowl of vegan chili and enjoyed a hot lunch.

Snack
I headed back to campus for my two other classes and instead of going home again afterwards decided to stay on campus, getting a little reading done, and get a Jamba Juice with the gift card my mom gave me! I went for peach perfection and took it down to the pond.



Purple!


I also had a few almonds and pecans I had hiding in my purse.

After work I decided that my plums were either going to go bad in the fridge or I would make the Plum Cobbler I had been so dying to make from FatFree Vegan Kitchen. Also my brother Eric was going to come over and hang out for a while and I thought he might like a break from dorm food!
I sweetened the tops of the plums with a drizzle of agave because I was worried they weren't all the sweetest plums...
Wets and dries.
True to cobbler nature, dough went on top of the fruit.
Popped it in the oven for 45 minutes and voila!
I'd never made this before so I had no idea what to expect!

Dinner
For dinner I started with a mixed salad of baby greens, tomato, cucumber, avocado, sunflower seeds, and a homemade lemon vinaigrette dressing.
I love when salads taste like food, not just plants!
For my entree I went for quick and easy: sauteed onions and a grilled piece of salt and pepper seasoned tofu. Doused in garlic chili Cholula and the meal was complete.
Dessert
Eric and I sampled the cobbler and agreed it was pretty good. If you can imagine a spectrum from pie to cake with cobbler in the middle, this definitely rates closer to the cake side of things. I would even describe it as something of an upside-down cake. With a little almond milk on the side it was totally satisfying!
We'll be in the present all caught up soon!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

карты городов

http://lysvag.ru/karta-lysvy/
http://chusowoj.ru/karta-chusovogo/