Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Oatmeal For Lunch...I know!

Breakfast
For breakfast this morning I started with an apple and a mug of Honey Lemon Ginsing Green Tea. I sipped the tea, then ate the apple and waited at least ten minutes before I started sipping the tea again. I wanted to rehydrate my body but also tried to avoid diluting that apple in my stomach.
I was in such a rush this morning that I didn't have time to make anything! I grabbed this Honey Graham Z bar which held me over just fine.
When I came home, my oat fix hadn't been met so I decided to just have oats for "lunch". I added a little scoop of almond butter on top and some cinnamon. In the mix was
  • 1/3 cup rolled oats
  • 1 cup water (which I did by accident. Should have only done 2/3 cup but it worked out fine)
  • 1/2 Tbsp. milled flaxseed
  • shake cinnamon
  • shake stevia

Lunch (Number Two)
I started with the usual: a bowl of rosy looking cherries.
I know this must be getting pretty boring seeing the same foods over and over again at different meal times but you know, it's hard to plan far in advance or get fancy these days with all the work I've been doing. I don't feel bad though. I'm still eating well! This vegan chili has proven versatile and delicious. Paired with those Food Should Taste Good Chips...and I'm a happy girl!
Now I really must get back to The Count...Dracula that is. I have to finish the whole book today! It's a 400 page book and I'm on page 222. Good thing I'm enjoying the story, right?

Unless I've been vampirized, in which case you should get yourself some garlic and someone with A positive blood for a transfusion immediately, I will be back!

Later :)

No comments: